September 19, 2020
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Swan Creek Metropark 4659 Airport Highway Toledo, OH 43615
Due to a generous donation from a member, SHoWLE has reserved the picnic shelter we used last year for our picnic – the Mary Jane Gill shelter at Swan Creek Preserve Metropark.
Because of the pandemic, there are some rules for this event including a limited number allowed to attend. We won’t be inviting members of Great Lakes Atheists or Toledo Skeptics this year.
Here is what you need to know:
1. Tickets are needed to attend. Visit the event page on eventbrite to reserve a ticket. Tickets are free but we need to limit the number of people who can attend due to pandemic rules from the Metropark.
2. A generous member will be providing the charcoal for grilling and the hamburgers, hot dogs, and a vegan alternative. If you wish you can bring your own food to grill.
3. Please bring your own table service (plates, eating utensils, etc)
4. We will be adhering to all the CDC, state health, and county health department COVID-19 recommendations and guidance.
5. Masks will be required. If you aren’t able to wear a mask due to a certified medical issue you will probably not want to attend this event.
6. Social Distancing will be maintained. Tables will be marked so there is sufficient distance between groups.
7. We will try to have wipes and hand sanitizer on hand for use on cooking utensils and surfaces. Feel free to bring your own.
8. If you feel ill or have COVID-19 symptoms, please don’t attend this event. If you are in a high risk group for the virus, you may not want to attend this event.
9. SHoWLE will take all reasonable precautions to prevent exposure to the virus however we can’t guarantee you won’t be exposed. By requesting a ticket to this event you acknowledge you have been cautioned about the possibility of exposure to the COVID-19 virus and won’t hold SHoWLE or its officers liable for any medical bills due to getting the virus.
10. We will make an effort to have this event but we are subject to the rules and regulation of Metroparks Toledo. Due to the nature of COVID-19 things could change and our reservation could be canceled. We will inform people using our regular channels should that happen.